Attraction Marketing: Increase Leads, Conversions, and Sales
As the internet landscape continues to grow, and the choices consumers have grow with it, online business owners have no choice but to expand their reach if they want to push ahead of the competition. Many times people know what it is they want to buy. But these same people want to know how things perform, feel, fit, taste, and work before they invest their hard-earned cash into them. While the internet is a perfect place to sell products and services to a global audience, it does not offer the same buying experience that a brick-and-mortar shop does. That’s where a solid marketing plan comes into play. There are many ways to market a brand and its products and services to people. Unfortunately, this makes knowing which strategy to use tough for many business owners. Should you focus on email, influencer, social media, advertisement, or content marketing? While a thorough marketing plan will have a mixture of many marketing strategies, one thing is true, attraction marketing is one of the most effective for attracting leads and boosting conversions. That’s why today we’re going to share with you what attraction marketing is, why it’s beneficial, and how best to approach this increasingly popular marketing strategy.
What is Attraction Marketing?According to Brian Fanale, attraction marketing is a “marketing strategy that ATTRACTS customers and clients to you who already want to buy what you have to offer.” He goes on to say that attraction marketing is a surefire way to define your target audience, identify their needs and wants, and set your brand apart from the competition. In simpler terms, attraction marketing is the act of creating free and valuable content (in many forms) on your website that will attract the type of people that will want to buy what you’re offering. Though people may not convert the first time they arrive on your site (96% of people are not ready to buy the first time they land on a website), the right kind of content will allow you to continue appealing to high-quality leads and build long-lasting relationships with them, even after they leave your website. VM Marketing does a great job of visually representing the attraction marketing workflow:
The Elements of Attraction MarketingIn general, attraction marketing is one marketing strategy that helps you pull in people that will want to buy what you’re selling and turn them into long-term customers. However, there’s more to it than just attracting leads with good content and hoping they convert. In fact, attraction marketing involves many elements that show how desirable your company and its products and services are, before ever suggesting someone make a purchase.
StorybrandingPeople are not attracted to your products or services. There are likely very similar products and services being offered by your competitors. Instead, people fall in love with a brand. They trust, relate to, and favor your brand and what it stands for. Your brand is who you are and what you do for others. It draws people to your store – whether online or not – and convinces them to consider buying from you. It’s important you develop a strong story behind your brand that people can hold onto while justifying their purchases made from your shop. When determining whether your story is compelling enough, keep in mind that people should be able to answer these three things within seconds of landing on your website:
- What do you sell?
- How does it make my life better?
- How do I buy?
- What do you sell? Baseball youth training programs.
- How does it make my life better? Helps my son achieve his baseball dreams and become a better player.
- How do I buy? There are three clearly labeled CTA buttons for finding out more and signing up that don’t take a lot of scrolling to find.
Thought LeadershipAnother aspect of attraction marketing is how established your company is within a certain industry. Becoming a thought leader is a great way to build a positive reputation and become an authority in your field. It gives you a way to showcase to people that you understand their pain points and can solve them in a unique way. For instance, REI’s Expert Advice blog is the perfect example of thought leadership content on the web today. As a leading brand for outdoor sports and gear, REI continues to publish thought-provoking, educational, and entertaining content that draws people to their website and serves as a helpful resource – before ever asking them to make a purchase. Additionally, becoming a thought leader in your industry gives you a chance to show that others within your industry trust what you have to say. The more trust other companies have in you, the more trust consumers will have in you.
Lead NurturingThings don’t stop once you’ve attracted someone to your website. Once someone takes an interest in your brand, no matter where they come from, it’s time to lead them through your click funnels and continue to convince them you’re the company for them. At some point, you will also compel them to make a purchase, just like Netflix does on their homepage. There are many ways to nurture leads once they land on your website, and click funnels are only one option. You can also conduct:
- Email Campaigns: getting people to subscribe while on your website gives you a chance to continue building a relationship long after they leave your site. You can send drip campaigns, promos and discounts, and even a newsletter packed with newsworthy content to get people to come back to your site and buy.
- Lead Nurturing Campaigns: guiding people through your sales funnel based on their behavior while on your website is another great tactic. Similar to a drip campaign, lead nurturing campaigns are more hyper-focused.
- Remarketing: here, you'll deliver targeted ads to people that have visited your website at some point. These ads may display in search results, Facebook news feeds as ads, or even on your website once a potential lead comes back.
EvaluationLastly, you should always evaluate your attraction marketing success and make improvements where needed. Your site visitors’ behavior will tell you exactly what’s working and what’s not. And one of the easiest ways to analyze your marketing efforts is to connect your website to Google Analytics. Here are just some of the things you can find out about your website with Google Analytics:
- How many people visit your website
- The demographics of site visitors (e.g., age, gender, location)
- Technology being used to access your website (e.g., browser, device type, operating system)
- Sources of website traffic (e.g., search engines, social media, ads, referral links)
- Most popular pages and content
- Site speed on each webpage
- Visitor behavior on site (e.g., time on each page, bounce rate, pages visited)
- Lead generation and conversions
- eCommerce conversion rate
Benefits of Attraction MarketingHere’s a look at some of the key advantages of implementing attraction marketing into your overall marketing plan:
- Increased Sales: securing more sales is the goal of any marketer. That said, using attraction marketing to relate to your target audience, drawn them in, and convince them to trust you is one of the best ways to generate more revenue.
- Build Longer Lasting Relationships: the key to a successful online business is building strong relationships with new and existing customers. Since the focus of attraction marketing is attracting new leads and providing people with reasons to buy from you, building, strengthening, and maintaining relationships becomes easier.
- Establish Trust: attraction marketing can build trust nearly immediately if done the right way. Remember, the goal is not to overly promote what you have to offer. The goal is convince people they want to buy before suggesting that they should make a purchase.
- Build a Bigger Email List: attraction marketing has the potential to draw in more traffic than you’ve ever seen. This affords you the chance to encourage more people to subscribe to your mailing list. Email marketing is one of the most cost effective forms of marketing there is. So, pairing this with attraction marketing is always a good idea.
- Affordability: attraction marketing is easy to do and doesn’t cost a lot of money. Of course, you’ll have to bear the cost of a building a website. However, budgets of all sizes can launch a website and start publishing highly valuable blog content right away in an effort to attract leads and boost conversions.
How to Approach Attraction MarketingHere are some simple ways to implement attraction marketing into your overall marketing plans.
Earn People’s TrustAgain, people buy into brands, not products or services. Establishing trust with customers old and new takes time. Luckily, attraction marketing gives you a good way to start off on the right foot. Just make sure your marketing efforts always align with your company’s core values.
Interact with PeopleIf you want to draw people to your website, you need to be available. After all, no one likes leaving a comment on a company’s social media profile only to never hear a response. Interacting with customers helps build trust and shows others you care about more than just the bottom line. Always strive to connect and communicate with customers, both on your website and off, if you want to draw more people into your online shop.
Provide InsightOne thing you can do to prove you’re a leader in your industry is provide newsworthy information to your target audience. Consumers expect the companies they buy from to be experts in their field. Use your knowledge and expertise to attract new leads and show people that you deserve their business.
Repurpose ContentTo gain maximum visibility across the internet, you have to continually push out high-quality content. Unfortunately, churning out brand new content all the time can be tough. That’s why you should work to repurpose old blog content and turn it into things like video content, podcasts, infographics, social media posts, and online courses. Plus, you can syndicate existing content or create spin-off blog posts without a lot of work. In the end, people don’t care what format the content is in. They only care that it’s valuable and worth something to them.
Educate Your Target AudiencePerhaps the most important way to implement attraction marketing is to educate potential customers. Don’t start promoting to them the minute they land on your website. Instead, work hard to educate your site visitors about your brand and what you can do to help them. Once they feel your company is worth their money, they’ll convert – every single time.
Final ThoughtsCapitalizing on those that are already seeking what you have to offer is the best way to grow your business and your sales. Attraction marketing allows you to increase engagement, establish trust, and generate more revenue than you ever thought possible. If you want to succeed in the competitive online world, you have to show your customers you care about them and their needs. After all, no one willingly hands over their money to a company that only cares about their bottom line. They will, however, hand over their money to a company they know and trust. Are you ready to start your attraction marketing, but need some help with your website’s development and design? Then get in touch with Revealize and see how we can help. Not only can we help you build a stand out eCommerce website, we specialize content marketing and can intertwine your attraction marketing into your overall marketing plans. Not to mention, our actionable insights can help push more people through your sales funnels and generate your company’s highest profit yet.